About the tool
The Circular Economy Business Model Pattern Cards can support you in sensing opportunities and generating ideas about potential Circular Economy business models for your company. Use this tool in interactive workshops to help your team with inspiration for ideation sessions and benchmarking about possible configurations of Circular Economy business models implemented by manufacturing companies.
For more information about the application of Circular Economy Business Model Pattern Cards and how they were developed, read this article.
How to apply the tool?
Get inspired about how to change business models for Circular Economy.
Two types of Pattern Cards are available:
- Green: changes in value proposition, delivery and capture
- Blue: changes in value creation and network partners
Each card presents a question to support brainstorming about the possibility of adopting a specific business model pattern, and a case demonstrating its application in manufacturers.
- Screen through the cards and select the ones that are applicable to your company.
- Combine cards of different colours to achieve fully circular configurations of business models
- Use the Circular Economy Business Model Configurator Poster to start organising the cards into a business model idea.
When to apply the tool?
The Business Model Pattern Cards should be used in the sense stage, where you identify opportunities and translate them into future potential business model ideas.
The Circular Economy Business Model Pattern Cards is one of the tools presented in the CIRCit project to help in the development of Circular Economy Business Models (WP2). Read more about the results of this focus area, explore other tools and download the inspiring workbook here.